BIG SCREEN EXPERIENCE | LUXURY THEATRE SEATING | RELAXED ENVIRONMENT | LICENSED BAR
We love film. So we fitted our theatre out with a 6m x 3.5m screen, state of the art laser projector, concert PA and an amazing retractable seating unit that has a seating capacity of 120, though this will be reduced while we are under stricter social distancing measures. It means we get to show recent releases, oscar nominees, family favourites and cult classics; basically anything which we love or want to celebrate.
We endeavour to make our ticket prices as affordable as we can.
Help support us by buying tickets just just buying your drinks and snacks at our theatre bar or pre ordering them with your tickets. We sell a range of snacks and drinks and occasional will have a cinema food menu running that you can order from if you pre book a table in our cafe.
Everything you spend goes back in to the venue and will help us keep putting on great cinema for you.
- Film Screening: Die Hard (18)Dec 05, 2020, 7:30 PM – 9:45 PMGosforth Civic Theatre, Regent Farm Rd, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3HD, UKIs it a Christmas Film? Yes. Is it one of the best action films ever made? Yes. Does wriggling your toes in to the carpet help after a long flight? We don't know. But what we do know is: Christmas isn't the same without seeing Bruce Willis drop Alan Rickman out the window of a skyscraper.
- Film Screening: Arthur Christmas (U)Dec 06, 2020, 10:00 AM – 4:15 PMGosforth Civic Theatre, Regent Farm Rd, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3HD, UKAlways a favourite, always a sell out! We're bringing back Arthur Christmas for two screenings as part of our Festive Film Season at GCT. It's a heartwarming and funny tale of Santa's clumsy son Arthur who gets put on a mission with his grandpa to give out a present they forgot to deliver.
- Film Screening: The Muppet Christmas Carol (U)Dec 13, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:45 AMGosforth Civic Theatre, Regent Farm Rd, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3HD, UKIt's time for Michael Caine's role of a life time, as he embodies Scrooge in The Muppets, never bettered, version of A Christmas Carol. It's a Christmas favourite of ours so come in and know us better, man and settle in with The Muppets Christmas Carol.
- Film Screening: Home Alone (PG)Dec 13, 2020, 2:30 PM – 4:15 PMGosforth Civic Theatre, Regent Farm Rd, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3HD, UKIt's been 30 years since Home Alone was released in Cinemas, so it only feels right to have it as part of our Festive Film Season at GCT! Merry Christmas ya filthy animals! Since we've all been a bit Home Alone this year, come and see Kevin fight off the Wet Bandits on the big screen.
- Film Screening: Love Actually (15)Dec 14, 2020, 7:15 PM – 9:35 PMGosforth Civic Theatre, Regent Farm Rd, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3HD, UKIt wouldn't be Christmas at GCT without Richard Curtis' intertwined story of eight different couples dealing with their love lives over a frantic festive period. Enjoy it in our relaxed cinema with a glass of your favourite Christmas tipple.
We run a dedicated hot food menu for selected film screenings. Below is our current menu and what you can expect, depending on the showing you can pre book your food when you buy your tickets, in other showings you can order while enjoying the film.
Entering and exiting the building
We will be operating a one way system on the evening. Whether you drive, walk or get public transport to GCT, please enter the building via our main entrance on the side of the building. A member of staff will greet you and show you how to pick up your pre-orders and find your seats. There is one door in to the Auditorium and one door to exit, these will be clearly marked.
Please pre-order your drinks and snacks in the check out and we'll have them waiting for you, this is so we can manage to serve you effectively and efficiently within current government restrictions.
Hygiene and Safety
Safety and confidence of you and our staff is the most important to us so we have put in the following procedures in place to assure you we are making GCT the safest it can be:
There are hand sanitising stations throughout the building and our staff will be undertaking regular cleaning of public areas.
On top of the aforementioned one-way system, we will be maintaining social distancing of at least 1m+ at all times.
We have left rows and closed off seating between groups of bookable seats on the Theatre seating and plenty of space between the free standing seating on the floor to allow for good social distancing.
We encourage contactless card payments where possible to limit the exchange of cash.
Please wear a face covering when moving through the venue.